How to Customize your Cocktail Hour..
May 20, 2016
How to Customize your Cocktail Hour in 5 Easy Steps.
- Choose unique appetizers. Every venue will offer an array of appetizers, but why not spice it up by offering something unique? Try serving a chicken and waffle with blueberry drizzle, or a mini grilled cheese with tomato soup shooter. These will have guests asking for seconds!
- Minimize the time it takes you to take photos. Yes, you will be able to look back on the photos for your wedding day, but too often brides and grooms miss their whole cocktail hour because they are taking photos. Try doing staged photos for 30 minutes, and then asking your photographer to take candid photos for the last 30. Then, when you reflect back on your wedding day, you’ll know that you were truly apart of everything.
- Offer activities or games. For outdoor weddings, lawn games such as corn hole, bocce and horse shoes are always a great way to entertain guests. If your wedding is indoors, try offering a photo booth for your guest book, or incorporate activities into your décor.
- Serve a specialty or signature cocktail. Serving a specialty cocktail gives your guests insight as to what you and your other half like. It is a fun way to tie in the colors and theme of your wedding, and helps loosen your guests up for a good time too!
- Play some great tunes. Music is a great way to get guests pumped up and ready for the night to come. Try playing music that most guests know and keep it fairly mild for the cocktail hour. Frank Sinatra and some Michael Buble will get guests excited for the evenings festivities, and will help transition them to the heavier dance music during the reception.
Photo Courtesy: Ashley Batz Photography